Is the Kia Soul AWD?
The 2020 Kia Soul is finally here, and Henderson and Boulder City residents have taken to this brand new model fairly quickly. But with so many drivers looking for different drivetrain options, you may be wondering: “Is the Kia Soul all-wheel drive?” or “Is the Kia Soul front-wheel-drive?” While a Kia AWD option is not currently available for the Soul subcompact SUV, there are plenty of reasons to still consider this sedan to improve your Pahrump commute!
Is the Kia Soul Front-Wheel Drive Your Only Option?
Even if there is no Kia AWD option for customers, those set on having all-wheel-drive capabilities can opt for models like the Kia Sorento, Kia Stinger, and Kia Sportage. Those willing to take a chance on the Kia Soul can instead customize their powertrain and drivetrain!
- Most Kia Soul models include a 2.0-liter In-line 4-cylinder engine, producing 147 hp and 132 lb-ft of torque. Those who upgrade all the way to the GT Line Turbo trim will find even more to love in their 1.6-liter turbocharged In-line 4-cylinder engine, which generates up to 201 hp and 195 lb-ft of torque.
- The baseline Soul LX can be equipped with a Manual Transmission or an Intelligent Variable Transmission. The IVT (standard on most other models) offers better fuel economy, but some drivers prefer the M/T for the more engaging drive that it offers. Upgrade to the GT Line Turbo for a 7-Speed Dual Clutch transmission that combines the best elements of both!
Kia Soul Safety Features
While a full suite of safety features is often seen alongside AWD capabilities that allow for even more security on the road, the Kia Soul comes equipped with plenty of safety and driver assist features to keep drivers alert behind the wheel. And, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that all of these features helped the Kia Soul receive a Top Safety Pick designation from the IIHS. Some of the safety features you’ll find in the Kia Sou lineup include:
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Smart Cruise Control
- Head-Up Display
- LED Headlights
- And Much More!
Get everything you desire in the new Kia Soul by checking out the 2020 Kia Soul trim levels in depth.
No Matter Your Need, Find the Perfect Model with Jim Marsh Kia!
Experience the incredible front-wheel-drive capabilities of the Kia Soul at Jim Marsh Kia today. Learn more about the Kia Soul colors and view our new inventory of Kia Soul models and take one out for a spin. Contact us today to schedule a test drive near Mesquite!
If you’re looking for a rugged, off-road ready Kia, we have even more good news. There might be a new Kia truck on the horizon!
More From Jim Marsh Kia
If you’re wondering, “how many miles do tires last?” then come down to Jim Marsh KIA. We’re proud to provide expert car service and advice, so you always know when to service, repair, and replace your vehicle’s parts. Here’s what you’ll want to know about Kia tire care.
Jim Marsh KIA is the Kia Sportage dealer you can rely on when it’s time for the next great car. We’ll work one-on-one with your budget and driving needs to find the ideal car, truck, or SUV for whatever the next adventure might bring.
When it’s time for the next Kia transmission fluid change, turn to the team at Jim Marsh KIA. We’re not just dedicated to helping Las Vegas drivers find that perfect Kia vehicle. We also want to keep your favorite cars running right for years to come, with routine service and care.